If you require advice or representation from a legal firm it usually means something has gone wrong. It is important to us that we guide and assist you though the mind field of the law in order to claim the correct compensation for the things which have gone wrong. However we understand that sometimes things do not go the way you had planned. We are committed to resolving a customer’s complaint and the following information provides you with the steps to resolution.
Some customers prefer to make an enquiry with the team handling their case. This can sometimes highlight to the team a customer’s dissatisfaction and consequently their concerns can be resolved much sooner.
Should a resolution not be found a customer should contact our Case Review Team in order to register an informal complaint. The Case Review Team will make every endeavour to liaise with the customer and the file handler in order to rectify their issues on an informal basis. The Case Review Team’s contact number is 0333 456 0707.
How to make a formal complaint
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome you can register a formal complaint by following the below process.
Please write to us with the details of your complaint, addressing your letter to:
Head of Compliance
No.1 Europa House
Our complaints procedure must be accessible by all, so if you are unable to detail your complaint in writing or need some assistance in doing so, please contact the Case Review Team on 0333 456 0707 to discuss alternative ways of communicating with us.
What happens next?
- Formal complaints will be recorded in our central register within 24 hours and we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 2 days of us receiving it.
- Your complaint will be investigated by the Customer Service Manager. We will ask you to provide additional information if we feel it is necessary to help us properly investigate your complaint.
- Once we have spoken to any relevant parties, examined all relevant files and concluded our investigation, we will send you, within 21 days of acknowledging your complaint, a detailed written response which will include our suggestions for resolving your complaint.
- Should you remain dissatisfied following review of your complaint, we will remind you of the Legal Ombudsman’s details should you wish to contact them.
- If we have to change the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Further advice or assistance
Once you have been through all of the stages of the complaints procedure, if you remain dissatisfied, you can appeal to the Legal Ombudsman who will independently investigate complaints of injustice arising from legal services.
For further information please visit their website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk, call them on 0300 555 0333 or write to them at:
PO Box 6806
Complaints to the Legal Ombudsman must be made within six years of us being unable to resolve a complaint to your satisfaction or three years of you finding out there was a problem with the service your received, otherwise they may refuse to look at your complaint.